Monday, August 30, 2010

Love me...love my cat


On Sunday we were watching a couple of episodes of Dog Whisperer which featured dogs who had been brought by their owners into a new relationship - they had been good pets with a single owner but developed behavioral problems when the other person joined the household. As one fellow said, the girlfriend and her dog were a "package deal" so he knew he was going to be marrying both!
So..on that note...my husband decided to track down photos of the cats we each brought into our relationship. As you might remember, my hubby-to-be brought over his grey fluff cat for a visit. In the first photo, Dusty has settled into becoming a full fledged member of the shared household. The second photo is my cat, Sushi, who always loved rolling on his back for a tummy scratch. Both cats accepted each other with no problems. While it has been many years since these two have been around, we still hold their memories dear ...and will never forget them.

4 comments:

Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cat said...

I believe those are words to live by!

I could never get serious with someone who did not accept my cat! The first time Molly met Robert she nipped him, so I tried to explain that is just the sort of girl she is (Calico, say no more) and you have to roll with it...luckily he did :-)

Katnip Lounge said...

Just like me & Scott! I had a grey tabby named Max and he had an enormous white long haired boy, Fuzz. They were mates within a week...and we've gone on to become fully fledged Crazy Cat people. Life is Grand.

SuziQCat said...

Great words of wisdom today...I am always astonished when people who have had cats, or dogs for a number of years, suddenly need to 'give them away' because of a relationship. Makes me angry!