Saturday, September 11, 2010

Looking for a cat tree...came back with a cat!

No photos yet...but here is the start of the story. I was looking through Kijiji for a cat tree last weekend. I do love the look of the Lotus cat tree recommended by Katnip Lounge..and have put that on my wish list for next year..but wanted something in the interim so Kijiji it was. I continued to click through the Pets section since sometimes ads are under the wrong heading..and happened on the cats looking for a new home. One ad drew my attention - a five year old white female cat who was deaf needed to be rehomed. I looked at the ad a couple of times that evening and then I called my hubby over to read it. I remember clearly when Spike came to us, how worried I was about being able to look after a deaf cat. Now, he is an integral part of our family and the deafness certainly was not a hurdle. So we thought perhaps there was room for one more kitty in our home. That same weekend our eldest son was moving 2 hours away to go to college so coincidentally we had a room available for the quarantine period. Hmmmm! More news to follow later on in the week.

6 comments:

Cat said...

Oh my gosh how wonderful you are to bring another kitty into your home!!! I can't wait to see pictures and hear more about her. Sometimes things just fall into place don't they?

As you know our Casper is deaf also and it has never been any sort of issue. The only time I wish he could hear is when I'm telling him how much I love him :-)

Anonymous said...

Here Snooky, forgot she's deaf. :-)

Erin said...

I hope you're not going to wait TOO long for a follow-up post...I want pictures!

Katnip Lounge said...

OMC! I am so excited! Pictures and more of the story...oh I hope it works out.

The cats have all 48 paws crossed that kitty has a new home with you!

CCL Wendy said...

Mamabear and Papabear, you are such fantastic folks to bring yet another homeless kitty to your loving furever home.

I can see why a white, deaf kitty would call to you telepathically!

Can't wait to see pictures of your newest baby, and learn what her name will be.

Hope the breaking in period is a short and easy one. Kudos!

Hey, you might have to think of another name for your blog now!

Ruzica said...

What a lovely story of adoption. Manon, you should get Roy to build a cat tree/stand out of wood & covered with carpeting. Much cheaper than buying brand new.