Friday, September 9, 2011

Almost a year now

It is almost the first anniversary for Sadie's Gotcha day..so time to post a few recent photos. She has picked up a few of Spike's habits in her time here ....taking over a recently vacated warm seat, claiming back part of the woofie territory and keeping watch at the front window with a woofie just beside.

In the first photo, it had been a cold morning (air conditioning in the house) so I grabbed a warm blanket to throw over the back of my chair. I went to get coffee and brekkie, and came back to a curled up, contented cat in my seat. Nest nappers come in various sizes and shapes around here!

In the second photo, Sadie has decided that she was going to make herself comfortable on the small carpet we bought for the dogs. Usually there is a woofie curled up on the carpet but this day it must have been empty long enough for Sadie to find a comfortable spot and fall asleep. This always surprises me because the smell of several woofies must be thoroughly blended into the carpet and I can't imagine that being appealing to any cat.

In the last photo, hubby and I came home to find two plaintive faces pressed up against the front window, waiting patiently for us to return from shopping. Usually Spike grabs the front window and will hip check any cat in the way but I reckon he must have been sleeping at this time.

4 comments:

angelsroy33 said...

I LLLOOOVVVEEE the last picture,(the window.) It melted my heart. I'd love to come home to see those sweet little fur faces in window waiting for me. So cute. They are all gorgeous. You are very lucky,-I'm still trying to talk my hubby into a dog,(which I would adore to no end,) but he's being stubborn. I'm still working on him tho. I love your blog,....makes me happy,(and sometimes sad,-Romeo,beautiful boy he was. And THANK YOU so much for commenting on my blog. :)

Katnip Lounge said...

We remember when Sadie first came home, and the deciding on a name...She has fit in just beautifully, and obviously loves you very much.

Cat said...

WOW, honestly I can't believe it's been a year since Sadie came!!! I love the pictures, especially her waiting at the window with a woffie friend, what a wonderful welcome home :-)

PS - My old calico Molly was a shameless seat stealer in her day!

MTVA said...

Such sweet pictures, especially woofie and kittie awaiting your arrival at the window. And I can't believe a year has gone by since The Furry Boys were joined by a Sweet Girlcat!