Friday, June 12, 2009

A new toy for Spike

Someone said to me this week that I didn't look like one of those people who would buy fuzzy toys for their cats. I replied that the toys I buy usually aren't fluffy initially, but after Spike has played with them and covered them in "floof", then we suddenly have fuzzy toys! Most times, the thrill of the new toy disappears quickly and we have a growing pile of cat toys tucked away in the corner, forlornly looking for someone to play with them.

This cat tunnel, purchased last Saturday, seems to be holding Spike's attention. He regularly goes flying through the tunnel a few times and then settles inside for several minutes, occasionally swatting at the hanging ball in either end. Last night, it was totally quiet in the house (everyone was in bed except for me) and I was busy working on the laptop. All of a sudden I saw two white ears pop out of one of the holes in the side of the tunnel. I hadn't realized that Spike had been sitting quietly in the tunnel while I had been working.

Papa Bear was on cat watch for the day shift and came into the living room to find Spike tucked inside the tunnel. Fortunately he was able to get a quick photo off before Spike moved back into chase mode.

No comments: